Why it’s hard. Why it matters. How to do it with more ease.
Do you ever silence yourself on important topics so as not to make others uncomfortable or speak up about something you care about and then back down because of the reaction you get? Do you struggle to find a constructive way through conflict?
Sound familiar? You're not alone -- even the most confident women silence themselves in certain situations and with certain people.
If you're ready to make a change, join guest speaker Leann Ferry for an inspirational and interactive workshop on becoming a powerful communicator. Leann will talk about the unique challenges women face in speaking up and what every woman can do to make speaking up easier, more powerful and more effective. She will discuss her new book Speak Up Stand Strong: Free yourself from the hidden force that silences you, which explores the deeper reasons women silence themselves and lines out a courageous path forward.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn about the negative societal attitudes about women speaking up that have created barriers to success, happiness and fulfillment.
- Consider your own – perhaps deeply held - biases about women who speak up.
- Learn about the one big powerful force that’s often hidden but is at work holding you back from speaking up more than you realize.
- Learn about Courageous Communication Skills and get a chance to practice them in a fun and safe setting.
- Learn about Leann’s Speak Up Stand Strong Model and some very specific skills you can start putting in place today.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify which people and situations are most difficult for you when you need to speak up.
- Walk away with a courageous communication SUPER POWER skill you will be able to start practicing in the real world right away.
- Plan for a difficult conversation you have coming up.
While this is part of our Women in Tech series, men are always welcome and encouraged to attend!