Junior Achievement Seeking Entrepreneurs
Junior Achievement of Sacramento will be inspiring high school students with the JA Launch Lesson this November! The initiative, designed to coincide with National Entrepreneurship Month, puts entrepreneurs into classrooms throughout our community to share what inspired them to start their own businesses and to open students’ eyes to the opportunities provided by entrepreneurship.
Junior Achievement is seeking entrepreneurs to lead talks in both the Sacramento and Grass Valley areas. We hope that you will be able to lend your talents to this important initiative. The time commitment is only one hour and is an easy way for you to share your experience with students and make a huge impact.
Below you will find the schools that are excited to have an entrepreneur speak to their students in November along with their requested dates and times. Some of the schools have given us a few different dates that work for their school calendars to make it easier for entrepreneurs to fit the talk into their schedules. If you are interested in participating, please contact Rachel Morrison, Program Manager.
- The UnSchool Project - Fair Oaks – Nov 1st, 2nd OR 8th – 10 am
- Capitol Montessori School – Sacramento – Nov 3rd , 9th OR 15th – time flexible
- Hiram Johnson High School – Sacramento – week of Nov 6th – multiple class periods available from 8:20 am – 3:16 pm (6 classes total)
- Nevada Union Technical School – Grass Valley – Nov 21st – 11:42 am – 12:38 pm
- Bear River High School (T.R.A.D.E.S club) – Grass Valley - flexible November date - 12 pm – 1 pm